What to expect at treatment appointments
When you arrive for your treatment appointment you can expect the following:
- Weight: This is taken every time you visit to help us adjust your medication doses and to make sure you are maintaining adequate nutrition.
- Vital Signs: This includes blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, respiratory rate, and oxygen saturations.
- Venous Access: We will start an IV or access your port-a-cath, central line, or PICC line.
- Blood Draw: This is to check your CBC (complete blood count).
- Assessment: We will ask you questions about side effects or symptoms you are experiencing with treatment.
- Treatment: We will administer your medication.
- Visitation: While we encourage a strong support system of family and friends, please be aware that space is limited and we are a treatment facility.
Scheduling and Appointments
- We require all medications to be preauthorized with your insurance company prior to being able to schedule your appointment. Please be aware that most insurance companies require 48–72 hours for processing.
- Please arrive for scheduled appointments on time. If you are running late, please notify the office immediately to ensure we can accommodate your needs. If it is your first appointment at our office, we ask that you arrive 10–15 minutes early to complete necessary paperwork.
- We try our best to start your treatment/procedure on time; occasionally we run into complications with earlier patients, putting us behind schedule. We apologize for any delays and understand that your time is valuable.
Your appointments are scheduled with Dr. Adams; Dr. Dickson; Dr. Shull; Dr. Hancock; Jed T. Bartschi, PA-C; Dallin B. Gambles, PA-C; Allison Kirshner, MSN, FNP-C, AOCNP; or Michael Parsons, MSN, FNP-C depending on various factors. Each TCI care team member that you see is familiar with your case.
After your initial visit and chemotherapy is ordered:
- Your next appointment will be TENTATIVELY scheduled.
- Your TCI care team will call to verify insurance benefits and prior authorizations. This may take up to 10 business days.
- Your TCI care team will call to confirm/reschedule your appointment.
Feel free to contact your insurance company with any questions regarding your chemotherapy coverage. You may also contact our TCI Care Navigators to address your concerns/questions regarding your treatment.
No children are allowed under the age of 12, and only one visitor may accompany the patient during treatment sessions. Please be considerate of other patients during your visits.