Storing Important Records
Why Keep Records?
Keeping accurate and up-to-date records is an important part of the cancer journey. Proper documentation is a useful management tool and should be allocated due importance. Your record-keeping system should be accurate, reliable, easy to follow, and consistent. Take care to store your records in a way that is both accessible and safe from any environmental damage.
How Will Keeping Records Help Me?
Keeping clear and accurate records will contribute to your peace of mind when it comes to dealing with the paperwork involved with your cancer care in the following ways:
- Assists you in preparing your financial statements quickly and accurately.
- Provides information to enable you to manage your budget.
- Provides information at-a-glance to help you base important decisions on.
- Saves you the time, effort, and energy you need to focus on regaining your health.
- Keeps a good track of the costs associated with your care.
- Highlights quickly areas where problems could arise and enable remedies to be put in place.
- Assists you in preparing any necessary documentation for insurance claims and keeping track of your benefits.
- Your peace of mind increases the chances of your treatment success.
Dealing with insurance and healthcare benefits may be confusing and stressful. Keep good records, including ones for telephone and email conversations, and keep copies of letters and invoices that you send or receive. Confused? Set up an appointment with your TCI Care Navigators to walk through your plan together.